A husband and wife team in Columbia, SC (a.k.a. “The Motherland”) who comment on everything they see, hear, and experience throughout the week.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

no holiday here...

Hi, this is XX here just to post a quick note about the upcoming holiday. XY and I have done no decorating this year. If you come by our house you will see 2 red bows on our front porch, a jingle bell wreath on our door and a candy can on our walk way. We have not even put up a tree. Maybe all those years growing up where my parents used us kids to unpack and hang up ALL the decorations have made me dislike putting up and taking down a tree every year. Growing up our trees never had a theme; it just looked like someone threw up a bunch of decorations gathered through the years and hung them on a tree with some lights and a tree skirt. The only thing I like about decorating was this wreath that my dad’s mom had made like years and years and years ago and it is still in perfect condition to this day. It is beautiful!!!
It was also my job to vacuum up all those damn tree needles and to try to get the dog to stop drinking the water the tree was sitting in. Then, after Christmas was over my parents made us kids put all the decorations away. That took up my whole Saturday!! I could have been watching movies on the lifetime network and 90210! Oh well! XY and I put a tree up the first Christmas we were dating, but that was the last. It was a pretty tree too! It had gold balls, white lights and burgundy bows all over. We even had a pretty angel that matched our burgundy and gold theme!! But now the thrill in decorating a tree is gone and I am too lazy to pull everything out to decorate for a month just to put it back in a box in the closet upstairs till next year!! The extent of my decorating inside is 2 stockings hanging from our fireplace and some Christmas hand towels and oven mitts in the kitchen!! Even the potheads next door decorated there house!! Oh well another Christmas with no tree! Do I sound heart broken? I think not!!

P.S.
Christmas is not Christmas for me without watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" on TV!

1 Comments:

Blogger Virginia Belle said...

XX, I am so with you. I really don't like decorating at all. I think it is such a waste of time and money. after the first 12 hours of it being up, you don't even notice it anymore. So i just sponge all of the good feelings and get my "oohs and aaahs" from other people's decorations. But i think i will definitely do xmas trees, since those are the best xmas decorations, IMHO. But I don't decorate until i get my own house and/or married. that is my own personal rule. i'd like to put it off as long as possible!

8:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home